Thursday, July 01, 2004

The Diary of a Miss Hong Kong Finalist - Bonus Transcript



[Kelly goes around Hong Kong searching for tall buildings, but fails to find the perfect one]

Kelly: God, are you messing with me again? Finally when I discover the perfect solution to my problems, I can't even execute the plan! Maybe fate doesn't want me to go through with it. Perhaps it's not wise to listen to a TV series, let alone a TVB drama. But... I've faced so much ridicule and rumors and paparazzi that life isn't worth living anymore. I can't believe I went from a nobody to a somebody but the problem is that this 'somebody' is just a laughingstock of the town. Perhaps this makes Jessica Simpson happy, but I sure don't want to live in this fame anymore!

[Kelly continues to walk and finally discovers the building where Hard Fate was filmed at]

Security: Miss, where are you going?

[Kelly stares at him blankly]

Security: Oh! I recognize you! Please, go straight up ahead. They're waiting for you.

Kelly: Thanks

[Kelly smiles sweetly and climbs up the stairs]

Kelly: Even the security guard recognizes me as the disgraceful Miss Hong Kong finalist. He probably knows I'm going to jump to my death to avoid all this shame so he doesn't want to make it hard for me.

[Kelly opens the door to the rooftop and takes a deep breath of the air and looks around her]

Kelly: It's such a gorgeous day outside today. The sky is such a deep blue, the sun is shimmering brightly in my teary eyes, and the clouds are so white and fluffy. I feel like I'm in heaven. Well I'm going to be there in a few moments, so I guess this is God's prelude for me. But wait, am I sure I'm going to go to heaven?! Sure I lied a few times, stole a few times, but what the heck, my heart is still pure enough that the Death Busters would target me with their Daimon and look for a Talisman in me! Sure I may not hold one of the three Talismans that form the Holy Grail, but heck, my pure heart still shines, so for sure it'll lead my way up to heaven!

[Kelly balls up her fists and takes a deep breath and walks towards the ledge of the rooftop. Abruptly, she spots another girl near her at the ledge]

Kelly: That girl looks familiar.

[Kelly steps closer and recognizes the face filled with tears]

Kelly: Sek Mei!

[Girl turns around and wipes her face]

Mei: A-Ah Lo, so you came after all.

Kelly: Of course I came! Sek Mei, you always like to fight with me on everything don't you? First you stole my job, then you stole my boyfriend, now you want to steal my last glory?! Why can't you go find another building?!

Mei: Ah Lo, what are you talking about? If you hadn't entered Ka Yan, Ah Yuet and me would have dated eventually. It's not my fault that you were the third person and stole him from me. Now he's just back where he belongs.

[Kelly slaps Mei]

Kelly: Sek Mei! Do you know that if it wasn't for you I could still be happily living with Ah Yuet and leading a happy life? Because of you stepping into our relationship, I had to move to New York to start over because I couldn't forget Ah Yuet and seeing you two together made my blood boil. It's not my fault that you were too shy to admit your feelings before I entered Ka Yan. Then after you got Ah Yuet you spread bad lies about me to everyone and you framed me into getting fired. I couldn't get a job. Even in New York I couldn't make it! It's all your fault. So when I came back here to Hong Kong I thought I could start anew once more. But now you show up again and ruin everything! Why can't you leave me alone for once? You have Ah Yuet! What more do you want, my life?!

[Mei slaps Kelly and Kelly flashes evil eyes at Mei]

Mei: Ah Lo, that slap was for the many times you slapped me before. I have Ah Yuet?! If you hadn't stolen him after you got back to Hong Kong, I could still be at home happily with him! But no, you stole him, brainwashed him, and you're even cheap enough to rape him! So you go to Auntie Chi and tell her you're pregnant with Ah Yuet's baby. So now she's making him marry you as to not disgrace the Kams' family name. You're so cheap! I respect and remember our sisterly relationship from so long ago that's why I still call you Ah Lo!

Kelly: What the heck?! My name is Lam Lo Yuk, I don't see how calling my middle name is respecting me, Ah Mei! Now I know why I've been having so much trouble here in Hong Kong, it's all because of you isn't it?! You're such a life-ruiner pig-headed Ah Mei! You wear glasses and act all sweet and nice, but deep down you're an evil girl.

Mei: Oh yeah? What are you going to do about it? With this cell phone in my hand I'll call Ah Yuet and everyone and tell them all of your bad secrets!

Kelly: Give me that phone! I won't let you ruin me even more!

[Kelly chases Mei on the rooftop in an attempt to snatch back the phone. Finally Kelly pins Mei down near the ledge of the rooftop]

Kelly: Give me that phone!

Mei: Never!

[Kelly and Mei struggle and the phone flies across to another part of the roof and Mei slips while holding onto Kelly's hand as she hangs on the building]

Mei: Ah Lo, please don't let go! Please. We used to be good sisters, remember? I promise I won't tell anyone your secrets! Please Ah Lo, I don't want to die! No, don't ever let go!

[Tears well up in Mei's eyes and falls down her cheeks as she panics. Mei feels Kelly's hold lightening and her eyes intense and bulge as Kelly smiles]

Mei: You can have Ah Yuet! Please I'll go away for good. I won't step into your life again!

[Kelly holds onto Mei's hand tighter]

Kelly: Ah Mei, of course I won't ever let go! You and I...

[Kelly feels something small and furry with a tail sniffing around her foot and looks behind and discovers a rat! She screams and lets go of Ah Mei's hand. Ah Mei falls and lands on top of a car. Kelly hears a loud crash and glass smashing. She looks down and sees Ah Mei's dead body on top of the car and the shock faces of a crowd of people. Kelly looks across the building and sees a man with a big birthmark on his face. Tears well up and fall from her eyes]

Kelly: Oh my god! What have I done?! I just killed Ah Mei! I'm not only the worst MHK finalist ever but now I'm a murderer! I just commited a crime. I'm a criminal! God...! Why? Why is my life so difficult? Just when I thought I could remake myself, I'm back to square one. When I first applied to join MHK I thought this would be the easiest solution to fame and fortune. I thought Miss Hong Kong could get me out of everything, but it's only made it worst. I thought even if I don't win I could still get a job at TVB as an extra and work aside Amy Ang. But it seems I don't even have that glory now. I'll never make it anywhere. I guess I entered MHK without a pure heart and dedication. I was selfish and greedy and just wanted to run away from everything. And so everything has turned against me. I should blame myself. I'll end up in jail and turn lesbian for sure now and the gossips of the press earlier about me and Ah Yat would become validated. I...

[Kelly falls to her feet, huddles into a ball, and cries]

Kelly: There was one thing I had made up my mind to do when I stepped up onto this rooftop in the first place. Before I saw Ah Mei, before I got jealous at her trying to steal my death spot and glorious day. I was going to.....

[Kelly takes a deep breath and begins to jump when she hears footsteps. She feels someone grabbing her foot and looks up at a familar shadow of a man]

Kelly: A-Ah Yuet...?

[Kelly falls]