Thursday, May 27, 2004

The Diary of a Miss Hong Kong Finalist - Entry #04





May 18, 2004

Dear Diary,

I never smiled so much as I did today! God, I feel so fake. This probably must be what Mandy Cho feels like cause she's always beaming so cheesily and "happily" everywhere she is. But for the sake of winning MHK, if I must smile, darn it, I will! Which reminds me, I have a dentist appointment tomorrow with Ah Yat. She's going to fix her horse teeth. As for myself, let's just say it's not good to be a MHK finalist with a yellow gleam on her teeth.

For today's "official" meeting with the press, they made us wear a white dress with pearls around our necks and wrists and clear shoes. Ah Yat has been wearing pearls with all of her clothes lately and she feels that the MHK pageant took her idea. Yes, I'm sure they did Ah Yat - but unlike you, these pearls are real. Well at least they tell us it's real anyway. You can't tell nowadays which jewelry is real and which are fake.

I feel like such a dork Diary! Today when I was walking on the stage alone introducing myself, I nearly tripped! I was so self-conscious trying to smile as wide as I could, trying to make sure my dress didn't fall off, and trying to keep my pearls in place that when a bee was flying around me, I almost fell in fright! Good thing I'm very quick and regained balance! I tried to act all cute and innocent to make up for my big flaw. I think I gained some love from the press! Well, at least I think I gained more snapshots than the others!

Ah Yat threatens to kick me out of her apartment cause I keep bickering with her. I ran into Ah Yuet today, it seems he's dating my ex-best sister Sek Mei. No worries though because once he sees me winning that MHK title, he will be very sorry he chose that pig head Sek Mei over me!

Do you see me in the group picture in the newspapers Diary? I'm standing on the 3rd row up in the very top of everyone else! Proves how special and crucial I am to this pageant! What? You don't see me? Do you see where the word "siu" is? Well I'm standing right next to it! Still don't see me? Perhaps my goddess-like beauty is too blinding to the press's cameras that I did not make it into the picture. Too bad then, I guess.

I must admit, the other girls aren't as bad as I thought they would be. I do have some competition after all! It's unfortunately I don't have Stephanie Wang's 34D nor do I have Sonija Kwok's radiant elegance and beauty nor Victoria Jolly's mixed beauty, but I still stand out! At least I'm the only finalist to be unemployed, and I'm darn proud of that!

I have a lot of work lined up to do these next couple of months, but don't you worry Diary! I will keep you up to date on all of my experiences! "Virtues of Harmony II" is on in a couple of minutes, and if there's anything good I'm getting out of this MHK competition, it's that I get to watch "VOH 2" for free every night at 9:00 PM and the latest episodes too! How awesome is that?!