Sunday, May 23, 2004

The Diary of a Miss Hong Kong Finalist - Entry #02



April 17, 2004

Dear Diary,

It's been over 2 months since I sent in my MHK application. I am still waiting and am growing rather anxious. I have to wait another 3 weeks before I see whether or not I get called........... god, I really hope I make it! I desperately need a job now and I just want to be in MHK Pageant and even if I fail, I can still sign up to TVB, get a job, make some money, and be happy.

I was checking out TVBspace News Roundup today and I got a preview of what I am up against. Diary, is it mean of me to say I was dying of laughter at the pictures? Seriously though, those girls were too freaking dressed up. It's just a try-out for God's sake! They were acting like they were going to some rich party! And what's up with that one girl and the golden chipao?! Hahahaa, seriously, Diary, these girls are definitely going to be no match for me! If all the girls are like this, then I really am going to be one of the contestants...!

Diary, do you remember last time when I told you I threw out my golden chipao that Auntie Sa Sa gave me? It was that really outdated chipao that she loved so much. In any case, I was actually going to wear it and have a big flower in my hair for my MHK application, but thank god I decided not to! Auntie Sa Sa is 30 years behind anyway with her mushroom hair and consistent yellow attire. Perhaps I shouldn't have laughed at that poor girl in the golden chipao cause that could have been me had you not stopped me, Diary!

All my hopes and welfare money are resting on me making it into the pageant! Don't let me down God! Oh wait, I am Buddhist! Why am I praying to God?! In any case, I will be waiting day and night by the phone.........