Sunday, May 23, 2004

The Diary of a Miss Hong Kong Finalist - Entry #01



Miss Hong Kong fever has started up again and the MHK 2004 Pageant is about to set way during these next few months. teeveebee is proud to announce that it has gotten in touched with one of the hopefuls for this year's pageant! We will go to a place where no one has ever gone before - into the mind, heart, soul, and dream of a Miss Hong Kong finalist.

Miss Hong Kong 2004 Finalist #19

Name: 林露玉 Lam Lo Yuk (Kelly)
Age: 25
Occupation: Unemployed
Measurements: 34" 24" 36"
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 115 lbs
Location: New York

February 2, 2004

Dear Diary,

I was watching my favorite series "Virtues of Harmony II" today and I noticed that many of the failed MHK 03 contestants are now appearing in the show. Today I went out for another job interview and sadly, history is repeated. I don't understand why I can't find a job. I'm smart, beautiful, and I'm quick. Why doesn't anyone want to hire me? Anyway, back to what happened today. I was out at Macy's trying out to be a cashier for their cosmetic department, but when they told me I would have to lie to customers so that products could sell, I was outraged! Needless to say I went off on them. Perhaps I am too true, but I cannot stand lying to people. This Lo Yuk doesn't just has a reputation, I will never be fake!

The more I see Amy Ang on "VOH 2" the more furious I get. She failed MHK, and yet she is still receiving success. Ok, so maybe she'll never get a leading role and maybe she'll always be just an extra, but hey, at least she has a job! I was looking in the mirror today and I realized I am starting to turn old and I am still boyfriend-less. After my break-up with Gam Yuet for being too controlling, I can't seem to find another person to love. I miss Ah Yuet....

After much thinking, Diary, I've decided to confess that I just filled out and sent a MHK application. Perhaps I won't win and maybe I won't even make it as a contestant, but I am still hopeful. Wish me luck Diary!