Friday, May 28, 2004

The Diary of a Miss Hong Kong Finalist - Entry #07



June 27, 2004

Diary Diary,

This is my last entry to you. No, it's not because I found a new diary to write it. You know you will forever be my one and only diary because I don't have enough money to buy a new one. So what if you're starting to fall apart? So what if you're almost full up? Forever you will be my #1 best friend and the one and only who understands me.

No, I didn't win the Miss Hong Kong crown. Geez, is your memory getting as bad as "7th sister" in "VOH 2?" Well if so that's good then because I don't want you to tell anyone else all of the things I told you. These past few months have been really rough for me. I'm getting older and older and I'm still husbandless and unemployed. I thought I could win MHK and become a star in Hong Kong, but that dream is becoming dimmer and dimmer. It's like a shooting star that has flown out of my grasp. A dream that can never be chased and I'm left here not knowing what to do. Fate is against me. I must have a cursed jade like Mok Hei Yi in "Hard Fate" that creates such obstacles and hardships for me. There is no easy way out of poverty, is there?

Honestly, I had hoped to meet my future husband while here in Hong Kong, but I failed at that too. What about MHK? I don't even want to mention it. Last month they had me undergo slimming. Well, I'm sure slim now. My body is a skeleton like all of the other TVB actresses. My perfect body is gone. That stupid Mandy Cho was saying how our bodies were good but could use some slimming. Argh, I was so mad. I tried to push them away when they gave me those slimming pills because I had the pefect body. But this action only caused me to land more gossips about how arrogant I was. And now I'm as dark as Louis Koo since our trip to Africa. My perfect skin complexion and my perfect body has been ruined by this MHK experience. And the competition hasn't even started yet!

Not only that, I can't even step out onto the streets anymore without a crowd following me. I'm like a beautiful flower with sweet nectar that the media likes to fly to. I just can't keep them away. And everywhere I go everyone recognizes me and laughs at me. What kind of life is this?? I have fame all right, bad fame that is. My fame is like the kind William Hung has. *sigh* I don't know what to do anymore Diary.

I was watching TVB's controversial "Hard Fate" and I realize that series has given me the answers to my problems. With that, I want to bid you farewell Diary.

Kelly Lam Lo Yuk will no longer exist in this world and there will no longer be another #19 MHK Contestant this year nor will there be such a pretty face in this world. Farewell Diary......