Sunday, May 23, 2004

The Diary of a Miss Hong Kong Finalist - Entry #03



May 11, 2004

I am so freaking HAPPY! Oh wait, I forgot to say who this is for... let me start over!

Dear Diary,

You won't believe what happened today! I got the most amazing phone call! No, it wasn't Ah Yuet calling to be beg me to come back and control him, it was the call that I've been waiting day and night for! No, it wasn't some long lost rich relative wanting to reclaim me like in TVB series. No, it wasn't people wanting debts (you know I wouldn't even have picked up!). You know what? You're a horrible guesser Diary! So let me just tell you - I freaking made it! How awesome is that?! Me, your very best friend! Yes, Kelly Lam Lo Yuk! Oh my god, I just cannot believe it. Never did I dream or imagine it would be possible that I made it as a contestant!

First and foremost, I want to thank you, Diary, for being the only one I can confide in and encouraging me all these years! Thanks to the US government for giving me welfare so I can make it through these last couple rough months before I can finally find fame in Hong Kong! Thank you to my parents, who left me, but were thankfully Chinese and gave birth to me in Hong Kong. Without them, I would never be able to even think of entering MHK! Ah, too many people I can thank Diary! I'm almost going to be a celebrity soon so I cannot afford to waste my time thanking them, right? I'll save it for my Grammy acceptance speech! Wait, I'm not going to be a singer, I'm going to be a TVB actress! No, aren't I suppose to be a MHK winner? Eh, in any case, Hong Kong, here I come!

I called Gam Yat, yes, Ah Yuet's (bratty) little sister who happens to be a TVB actress in Hong Kong. I asked if it would be all right if I stayed with her. She declined, naturally, but then I called Auntie Sa Sa and the deal was done. I will be staying with Ah Yat as I fight for my Miss Hong Kong crown! Hehehe, it turns out my preminition was right, all the girls must be really ugly this year! I haven't seen them yet, but from the try-outs in the news last month, it seems I will win for sure! Who knows, maybe I will be lucky like Shirley Yeung and win because everyone else is so bad.

The pageant isn't until August, but you can start calling me Miss Hong Kong 2004 Kelly Lam if you want Diary! I still just cannot believe I made it! To heck with the plan of just becoming a TVB extra like Ah Yat and having a job, I am going to be fighting for that crown! I want it!!

Hong Kong, prepare to meet the hottest MHK finalist this year!